Thursday, March 10, 2011

The Human Etch-A-Sketch

My husband and I were discussing the concept of the human Etch A Sketch recently, you know the type right?  When you ask them a question, they give you one answer until you dispute what they say and suddenly they are sputtering "well, uh, I meant..." 

This used to annoy me beyond belief.  I mean really, would I ask your opinion if I wanted to hear my own thoughts on the subject?  Of course not...  When I ask you what you think, or how you feel, I am truly seeking your honest opinion.  No need to spare my feelings, or make me happy by telling me what you think I want to hear. 

Rather than let this annoy me any further however, my husband has lightened the topic by referring to these people in our lives as The Human Etch A Sketch...  In his eyes, this is a great thing.  You can really have fun with people by asking them a question, and if you don't like the answer, just shaken up a bit and get the one you want! Imagine all the colorful things you could extract from someone! :-)

Okay, so I am not really that mean as to question these people merely to get as many "uh, no, I mean, I meant, well I see what you're saying..." out of them, but I will say that the next time someone does this to me, all I am going to see is a very large Etch A Sketch standing before me, shaking back and forth every time I raise an eyebrow! LOL

1 comment:

  1. Oh my I know the type! Funny that I came across this today, as just yesterday I was ruminating on how few of those people are left in my life nowadays- although I do miss "debates" with a few certain guys that I don't really see much anymore LOL!

    ReplyDelete